Here we describe how to view your VPS and useful features available to you through the customer portal and API.
Login to the customer portal and choose Virtual Private Server (VPS).
The List page is where you can see all the VPS's that are in your account for the entity you are in.
- Click on a VPS expanding the accordion to view more details
- Click on Manage VPS to go to the Details page of that VPS
The Details page is where you can manage a VPS. Below we explain each tab in more detail.
Here you will find all technical and contract details and actions to upgrade and change your VPS.
- Upgrade VPS pack
- Upgrade disk space
- Reinstall OS
- Attach ISO
- Enable Firewall and Monitoring
- View and copy password
- Manage reference name
- Upgrade SLA
Here you will find all access related actions, i.e. managing password and SSH keys.
- Update password in the Customer Portal
- Add and assign SSH key to your account and VPS
Here you will find all networking related actions, i.e. managing firewall rules and assigned IP address(es).
- Manage firewall rules and firewall state
- Set reverse dns (ptr record) for the IP address
- Manage DDoS profile for the IP address
- Null route the IP address
Here you will find usage statistics related to your VPS.
- View data traffic usage per month
- Manage notification upon reached limit
Here you can view the logged actions that were performed.
- View logged actions, e.g. password change or start instance
Here you can create up to 1 snapshot for free. This feature is currently limited to gp VPS packs. In order to enable the feature, please upgrade to these packs first.
With a vm snapshot we create a separate state file to store any changes made after the snapshot. This allows you to easily revert these changes to the state before, restoring from the snapshot point.