From the General Server Management page, you can view details related to your colocated server, add or edit a customer reference for a server/rack, manage data center access cards, and create new access cards.
Managing a Colocated Server or Rack
Perform the following tasks to manage a colocated server or rack:
- In the menu bar, under Colocation, select Overview.
The Colocations page displays.
- Click on the ID for the colocated server or rack that you want to manage.
The Management page displays.
Viewing details of a Colocated Server / Rack
Perform the following steps to view details of a colocated server or rack:
- In the menu bar, under Colocation, select Overview.
The Colocation page displays
- Click the Manage link for the colocated server / rack for which you want to view details.
The Server Management: Details page displays
PDU Information PDU Information For colocated servers only, the reserved power ports are listed here. Administrative details Delivery Status
Will always be
Colocation Id Displays the identifier of the server pack. Note: It is the database identifier assigned to the server hosting contract Colocation Type Displays the type of the colocated server / rack Location Displays the data center, suite, rack the server. This allows you and our staff to locate the server / rack Product Id Displays the identifier of the colocation pack. Note: It is the database identifier assigned to the hosting contract Reference
Displays the customer reference of the colocated server / rack. Note: You can change the customer reference using thelink. For more information on changing the customer reference, see below chapter
Internal reference Displays the name of the colocated server / rack Billing Frequency Displays how frequently the invoice for the colocated server / rack is generated Contract Term Displays the initial term of the contract Start Date Displays the date from when the contract of the colocated server / rack started End Date By default, all colocated servers/racks are renewed automatically, therefore no date is displayed. Note: If you have cancelled your colocated server / rack, the end date will be displayed here Data used
In case the server has an included data traffic pack, the progress bar displays the used data traffic. Usage graphs are displayed on thepage
Displays the level of service agreements associated to the server. You can upgrade your SLA by clicking thelink. See below chapter for more detail.
Actions When you are on the management page of a server / rack and use the create ticket action, the new ticket will be linked to that specific server. From the Customer Portal Dashboard you can create tickets with a wider spread of topics. Besides creating a ticket there are multiple ways to contact support Servers can be backed up using the Leaseweb backup solution. Pressing this link will inform you about the backup product. More information about configuring the backup can be found on Acronis Backup and Ordering Backup service Power cycle will immediately disconnect power from the server and power up the server again. Use power cycle only when you have no access to the server, to perform a cold reboot. If you use more than one power port, all of them will be cycled together. Powercycle is not available for colocated racks, only for servers You can stop all incoming and outgoing connections to an IP address by null routing it. This action displays the history of null-routing actions performed on your server's IP Usage notifications are a way to prevent (or limit) surcharges caused by exceeded use of bandwidth.You can set up notifications for bandwidth and data traffic usage. When this threshold is reached, you will receive notifications by email, on your technical contact e-mail address
Adding or editing the Customer Reference of a Colocated Server / Rack
It may sometimes be difficult to identify a colocated server / rack based on the server name. For easier identification, you can add a customer reference.
The Customer Reference will also be printed on your invoice. This could be useful for the following scenarios:
- When you are reselling the server/rack and want to identify it by using your customer's name.
- When your finance department requires a specific PO number/project ID per server to be stated on the invoice.
- When you want to filter colocated servers/racks based on reference-this provides an overview of servers that are already assigned to a user/project, and the servers that are not yet assigned
Perform the following steps to add a customer reference to a colocated server/rack:
- The Edit Customer Reference pop-up appears
- Enter your desired reference
- Click Confirm
Upgrading your bandwidth / data traffic pack
Under administrative details it is possible to upgrade your bandwidth or included data traffic.
For more information about our different data packs and their benefits, refer to the article on Metering and Billing
To upgrade your included bandwidth or data traffic pack please follow the following steps:
- Click Upgrade icon beside the current data pack name
The bandwidth upgrade screen appears
- Specify the amount of bandwidth or data traffic you want to upgrade to
- Click the Request Upgrade button
A sales representative will contact you with further details
Upgrading your SLA
For information on the different types of SLA and their benefits, refer to the article on Service Level Agreement.
1. Click Upgrade icon beside your Remote Hands
2. The Remote Hands Agreement pop-up appears
3. Select your desired Remote Hands Agreement from the drop-down menu
4. Click Confirm.
5. The new selected Remote Hands Agreement is added to your server and it will be applied and invoiced accordingly.