DescriptionFiles: Veeam vSphere
Browsing in restore points
Perform the following tasks to restore specific files in a virtual machine:
- In the Home workspace, click Restore in the top pane, and select VMware vSphere backup...
- Select the restore type, in this case Guest files.
- Add the VM from where you would like to restore files in to the wizard.
- Choose the restore point you want to browse to restore files.
- Optionally, you can fill in a reason for the restore operation.
- Review the summary and click Finish.
- Once the backup browser opens, select the file you want to restore, and click Restore in the top pane (you can choose to overwrite or keep the original file).
- Fill in the admin credentials of the client and click OK.
- Wait for the restore job to finish.
Please note when using overwrite existing files on a Windows system and you are not using the build in local administrator account restores will fail. Please follow this guide to be able to successfully restore the files: https://www.veeam.com/kb1788