API Key management is only accessible for the "Master" user! Read more about users and roles.
The Leaseweb API is using authentication based on API keys. You can create an API key by following the steps below.
Creating a new API key
Perform the following steps to create a new API key:
Log in to the Customer Portal.
Click "API Key" in the left menu under the "Administration" section.
- Click the "Generate new key" button. A new key will be generated.
- Click the "Show Key" button the see your API key.
- Your API key will now be displayed.
Regenerating your API key
To generate a new API key and keep all of your whitelisted IPs, click on the "Regenerate Key" button below your API key. Click the "Show Key" button to see the new key.
Removing your API key
To remove your API key, click on the "Delete Key" button below your API key. As soon as your API key is removed, you can no longer use the key to interact with the Leaseweb API.
Please note that all whitelisted IPs associated with the API key will be removed.
It is advised to limit the IPs which can use your API key. This prevents unknown systems from using your API key in case of a compromise.
To enable IP whitelisting, add an IP with the following steps:
- Enter an IP in the text box and press the "ADD" button.
- The IP will be added and shown in the list.
- If you want to remove an IP, simply click the trashcan icon next to the IP.
You can whitelist both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.