The LeaseWeb API is using authentication based on API keys. You can create an API key by following the steps below.
Creating a new API key
Perform the following steps to create a new API key:
Log in to the Customer Portal.
Click "API" in the top-right menu.
- Click the "Generate new key" button.
A new key will be generated.
- Click the "Show" button the see your API key.
- Your API key will now be displayed.
Removing your API key
To remove your API key, click on the trashcan icon next to your API key. As soon as your API key is removed, you can no longer use the key to interact with the LeaseWeb API.
It is advised to limit the IPs which can use your API key. This prevents unknown systems from using your API key in case of a compromise.
To enable IP white-listing, add an IP with the following steps:
- Enter an IP in the text box and press the "ADD" button.
- The IP will be added and shown in the list.
- Click on "SAVE CHANGES" to put the changes into effect.
- If you want to remove an IP, simply click the trashcan icon next to the IP.
You can white-list both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
You can click on any of the keywords below this article to see all related articles for that keyword