As Master user you can easily add or remove users to and from your customer account in the Customer Portal. When you add a user, the user can log into your customer account and perform certain tasks.
Customer Portal users should not be confused with contact persons in the Contact Management section. Customer Portal users can only login to the Customer Portal and perform certain actions. Contact persons, managed in the Contact Management section, are used for communication via email or phone, and are used for contractual purposes.
Adding a new user
Perform the following steps to add a new user to your account:
- In the User Management section, click the Add User button.
- Enter the email address of the user you want to add (to give access to your customer account). Also specify which role the user should have. Click the Confirm button to create the user.
- An email will be sent to the newly added user to confirm your request. Once confirmed, the new user will be linked to your customer account.
- The newly added user will be immediately listed within the user list. It can display two types of status:
- Enabled: The user has confirmed your request and is successfully added to your account. The user is now able to login to your account and manage your services.
- Not activated: The user did not confirm your request yet. The user will receive an email to activate their account.
It also shows the roles you have selected for this user and if the user enabled Two-Factor Authentication.
Removing a user
Perform the following steps to remove a user (the user will not have access to your customer account):
- In the User Management section, click Remove for the user that you want to remove.
- In the confirmation pop-up box, click the Confirm button.
You can click on any of the keywords below this article to see all related articles for that keyword