The main page for Remote Management in the Customer Portal is accessible through the Network -> Remote Management VPN menu. This page provides you with the possibility to establish a connection to the Leaseweb Remote Management Network using OpenVPN. On this page, you can download OpenVPN client, download configuration profiles per data center, and update your VPN login credentials. KVM Remote Control provides you with the necessary functionality to monitor, troubleshoot, and repair your server anytime, from anywhere in the world.
Getting Configuration Profile
Download the OpenVPN Configuration Profile for the data center you want to connect to by clicking the link:
Note: A connection to a particular data center will only provide access to the services hosted in that data center, as well as other data centers in the same city.
OpenVPN profiles per datacenter
For every distinct data center you want to connect to, there are different OpenVPN Profiles. The available data center OpenVPN profiles on the main Remote Management page depend on your customer entity.
|UK||London||LON-01, LON-11, LON-12|
|SG||Singapore||SIN-01, SIN-10, SIN-11|
|SG||Hong Kong||HKG-10, HKG-12|
|US||Washington D.C.||WDC-01, WDC-01|
OpenVPN Client (Windows & Linux users)
Setting up the OpenVPN Client
- Click the Download OpenVPN Client link.
- Select the compatible OpenVPN installer from OpenVPN.net for your Operating System.
For detailled information on OpenVPN Client visit: OpenVPN.net
- Open the OVPN profile file with the OpenVPN GUI.
- Enter your VPN Login Credentials in the OpenVPN GUI
- You are now connected to the Leaseweb Remote Management Network in the data center you opened the OVPN profile file for
Setting up the OpenVPN Client on Windows (additional steps)
In addition to the above steps some additional configuration is needed on Windows based systems.
In order to be able to reach your servers IPMI interface through the Leaseweb Remote Management Network the OpenVPN connection configures your system by adding routes to your Operating System routing table.
For this process to complete, on Windows based Operating Systems, Administrator privileges are required. You need to make sure that every time you start the OpenVPN client, that you start it with administrator privileges.
- Right click on the OpenVPN GUI link on your desktop and select Properties.
- Click Advanced.
- Make sure the Run as administrator checkbox is checked and click Ok.
- Now locate the openvpn-gui executable and make sure it is configured to Run this program as administrator.
- Click Apply and you are done.
Running OpenVPN client on Windows as a service
Instead of performing the additional steps for setting up OpenVPN client on Windows, you can choose to run openvpn as a Windows system service.
Tunnelblick Client (MacOS users)
- Click the Download Tunnelblick (MacOS users) link.
- Click the Stable version on the Downloads page of tunnelblick.net to download the .dmg file.
- Mount the disk image (.dmg) and then double-click the Tunnelblick icon to install.
- Load the OpenVPN Configuration Profile into Tunnelblick by dragging it from your download location into the Configurations pane on the left of the Tunnelblick application.
- Make sure the configuration profile is selected and then click "Connect".
- Enter your VPN Login Credentials in the OpenVPN GUI.
- You are now connected to the Leaseweb Remote Management Network in the datacenter you opened the OVPN profile file for.
Remotely Manage a server
After connecting to the Leaseweb Remote Management Network, you can acces your individual servers through IPMI and start using Remote Management.
You can get access to the server using IPMI through the Remote Management link in the Other Resources menu.
VPN Login Credentials
The VPN login credentials are required to gain access with OpenVPN to the Leaseweb Remote Management network. The credentials consist of your 10-digit customer number (as username) and your VPN Password.
Alternatively, you can access a single server by logging in with S + Server ID (ex: S2043828) and the Remote Management Admin password of that server.
You can use these VPN login credentials to connect with all OpenVPN configuration profiles.
Updating VPN Password
To update your VPN login password follow these steps:
- Click the Update VPN Password button. The Update VPN password page displays.
- Enter your new password or click the Generate Password button to use a generated one.
- Take the password requirements into account and click Update password
- The update successful message is shown.