This instruction guides you how to open an iDrac 6 console.
Before you can open an iDrac 6 console you need to have the latest version of Java installed. How to install Java can be found via this link. Also, you need to whitelist your server IP address in Java. A detailed guide for how to do this can be found via this link. If Java is not properly installed you will see below error during the opening of the console. Please note for best performance and experience in iDrac 6, Java version 7 or lower is recommended. If this all done, you can start with this instruction.
- Login to the Customer Portal. Under Dedicated Server, you will find your list of servers.
- Click on the ID to see the server details.
- Click on Remote Management from the Actions drop-down list. This opens a new window. In this window, click Login to IPMI interface. This will open the console.
- Login to the web interface with your username and password. This will show you the iDrac interface, which should look like below:
- Click Launch
- This will download a file, which you need to rename to [your servers IP address].jnlp. This will automatically change the file to a Java file.
- Now you can open the file. If you do not have your server's IP address white listed, you will now get an error. Please read this guide on how to whitelist an IP in Java before you can continue Otherwise, you will get the following screen, where you need to check I accept the risk and want to run this application and click Run.
- You now see your server's screen and can remotely manage your server.