Registering a new Domain Name
Perform the following steps to register a new Domain Name:
- Under the "Domains" menu, select "Domains".
The Domains overview page displays.
On the left panel, click "Register new domain".
The page where you can select a domain contact displays.
For prepaid services, please make sure to have enough credit (positive balance) under your customer account before requesting the domain registration.
- Choose the contact ID that will be assigned to your domain name.
Step 1 - Select a Contact ID
As a first step for the domain registration, you will need to choose a contact ID.
The contact ID, known also as contact handle, designates the domain owner information that will be visible in the WHOIS information.
For a .nl domain, the contact ID will contain "LEASE" in its name. E.g. LSW000190-LEASE
There are 3 different ways you can select a Contact ID: You can select an existing contact ID, Search/Change a Contact ID, and create a new contact ID.
Selecting an existing contact ID for your domain name
- From the "Contact ID" drop down list, select the Contact ID that you want to use for your domain name and continue to Step 2.
Searching/Changing a Contact ID
- Click the "Search/change ID" link, enter the details of your contact ID. Select the Contact ID that you want to use for your domain name and continue to Step 2.
Please check for more information on how to change existing contact IDs.
Creating a new Contact ID
- Click the "Create new ID" link. Enter the details of your contact ID, click "Create ID" button to create this contact, and continue to Step 2.
Please check Create a new contact ID for more information on how to create a new contact ID.
Step 2 - Check availability
During this step, a check will be done at the registry if the domain name is available for registration.
- Enter your domain name in the "Domain" field, select the corresponding TLD from the drop-down list.
- If the domain is available for registration,you will be directed to Step 3.
If the domain is not available for registration, you will receive a warning message.
Step 3 - Finalize registration
In order to finalize the registration, you will need to agree with the domain costs and select the "Terms and Conditions" check box.
Please check the article on WHOIS Privacy. This add-on service that LeaseWeb provides for some TLDs limits the contact ID information available in the WHOIS database.